Tuesday 2 February 2016

Woodstock-Worthy Waistcoat


Ok, now my friend Paul is going to be cross with me for failing to take a 'before' photo, but sometimes I just get a bit excited to be starting a project and that part gets overlooked. So, with the total absence of a before photo, I will describe instead.

I found this thing - not sure if it was a long top or a dress in a charity shop in Wolverhampton. Initially, I tried it on as I liked the embroidery, but I hated the shape of it, so put it back on the rail and walked away. Then I had a lightbulb moment!! As its jersey fabric, it wouldn't fray, so I knew I could easily transform it. It had tiny buttons at the front, down to the waistline already,making it very suitable for a waistcoat. I cut off the sleeves, then cut from where the buttons met, down to the bottom. Then cut all around strips of about a centimeter wide. I gave each one a little tug and they roll in on themselves an make great fringing.

The finished look is really folksy and will be great for gigging in. Roll on next gig!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG.. I love it!!! That is so funky!! Well done, great idea!